[Public-List] Cetol vs west systemRe: Seagrass

Bob Crinion bob at crinion.ca
Mon May 31 18:16:27 PDT 2010

When I removed the cockpit teak boards on #560 I applied a few coats of
Epoxy Sealer  made by a company called Industrial Formulators, they also
have an epoxy product called Cold Cure. The Epoxy Sealer is an equal
part resin to hardener product that soaks in like lacquer thinner. After
applying the Epoxy Sealer, I applied 4 coats of Cetol. It seems to have
held up well. I plan to do the same to the rest of the teak on the boat
since it is presently removed in preparation to paint the deck.

-bob