[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1956, Issue 1

Brad OConnell oconnell_brad at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 15:00:29 PST 2010

Brennan,

Just an amplification of Gordon's points. When checking the hoses, be sure you
know the state of all through hull valves. In places where the boat freezes
solid, like NY or up here in Canada, it is common practice to disconnect water
hoses and leave the valves open, so they drain. This was a very hard lesson for
me when my newly purchased boat went into the water for the first time. Of
course, it was an real crash course in identifying the location of all these
valves!

Brad O'Connell

Montserrat