[Public-List] drilling SS

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Wed Nov 3 14:50:26 PDT 2010

Good, an excuse to buy more tools (please don't tell my wife).

Which reminds me (hope I haven't told this one before)....

Many years ago 16 friends chartered 2-44' sloops in the Virgin Islands.  One
night we rented slips at the end dock fingers in Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor;
very nice, pretty yellow dock lights with matching lights on the wall across
the channel.  We had (thank goodness) recently moved one of our dingy from
the end of the dock and had recommenced our dock party when a guy with a
drink in his hand walked by at a pretty good clip, gave us a pleasant
"hello," and, without even slowing down, walked right off the end of the
dock (where our dingy had been minutes earlier).

We figured he was on a "sober up stroll" and thought the lights across the
channel were on our dock.  After some effort, we managed to fish him out.
He thanked us and, on his way back down the dock said, "please don't tell my
wife."  Wonder if she figured it out on her own when he returned soaking wet
(pretty sure MY wife would).

Best,

Roger 148