[Public-List] drilling SS

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Nov 3 14:57:04 PDT 2010

Hi Roger -

This happened last year (or the year before) on the Misery Cruise.  A fellow
from a trawler yacht joined us at our fire; I think he was already quite
under sedation before he joined us.

The wharfs at the spot where we were had a T shape, he walked right up the
stem of the T and off the end of the dock.  His trawler was ANCHORED about
150yds out in the bay.... I think he was walking there.

I was several steps behind him and my impression of the incident is that he
just vanished suddenly.   We ran up to the dock and shone our flashlights
down in the water and saw him standing on the bottom, his bald pate shining
a couple of feet down.

We hauled him up and helped him back to his boat via dinghy.

Next morning we were getting set to leave and I noticed a pair of eyeglasses
on the bottom.  Turned out they were his... We returned them.

Just back from working on TOUCH WOOD - she's coming along well.

Gord #426 Surprise