[Public-List] drilling SS

Lawrence Morris morris.lc at verizon.net
Wed Nov 3 15:30:57 PDT 2010

Roger

I agree with mike. Low RPM and Slow Feed. Most importantly is the low rpm. Additionally the machine oil reduces heat.

Remember. Heating and cooling hardens the stainless steel. So when you start drilling a hole don't stop. It will be much more difficult to complete the hole.

A drill press is ideal for this job.

Sent from my iPhone

Larry Morris