[Public-List] Mufflers

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sat Nov 27 06:00:48 PST 2010

I believe they are soldered together, so it is important not to rotate the
exhaust tube relative to the muffler, going into the exhaust flange. If you
do it will leak, but the fix is cheap. Use non acid solder head and
re-solder.

I have the same set-up on the A-37 as on our old A-30. It is an excellent
system.

One thing I did was to use a bronze elbow coming off the manifold. You can
use an iron one if you prefer, but do not use a galvanized one as the heat
will off-gas the galv (which is toxic).

Best

John