[Public-List] New sails

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 20 09:58:22 PDT 2010

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:38 AM

"edward schroeder" <eddiediver at sbcglobal.net>View contact details

To:
"Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all" <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>

Last Spring, we bought a new mainsail from UK Halsey for the Emotional Rescue #303. It
has two full battens and two short battens, as you have described. UK Halsey also recommended that the foot be a footloose type. Ther is only a nylon slug at the outhaul that fits into the foot groove on the boom. After reviewing the Alberg Racing Rules, we saw no restriction against it. The additional 1/3 of the lower part of sail being curved is really great.Even when reefed, with the reefing nettles being tied only around the sail (and not the boom) the sail keeps it's shape. It is also much easier to pull out the outhaul without a mechanical advantage-type outhaul .

Ed Schroeder