[Public-List] Re-wiring

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Mon Oct 4 06:24:51 PDT 2010

A wire run should be measured from the distribution panel back to a common
ground buss at the panel.  Wires from the battery to the panel should be
sized for max current drawn and voltage drop for all circuits.  Each
individual circuit will less than this.  I am not in favour of running
cables through a conduit I believe and have read of incidences where heat
has been generated and caused fires, also running multiple cables causes
them to twist making it next to impossible to add others plus you have a
limited number of wires that can be put in conduit.  If you do decide to
use conduit and use a common ground (DC negative) make sure it is sized
for all circuits max current drawn.  Finally I see no reason to run AC
through out an Alberg30.  I have one AC GFI just passed my 20 amp dual
disconnect that is used in my galley , the load side feeds one duplex that
feeds my 12/120v fridge and my correctly sized battery charges everything
else is 12 volts.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380