[Public-List] New sails

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:23:43 PDT 2010

That's a pretty large gray area, Gail.  At one time great effort was
made to keep Albergs at the same PHRF rating (since they are one design,
they are supposed to be all the same, race wise), but over the years
different fleets have raced at different levels of competitiveness and
so the performance handicap numbers vary from region to region, and by
now, perhaps even boat to boat in some fleets.
So to make a long answer short (and really, really cynical) the rules
only come into play if you are protested. It's not likely anyone in a
PHRF fleet will be that up on our rules. Let the race committee fumble
with that particular football. It's what they get for believing
different class boats can race competitively against one another :)

MichaelGrosh