[Public-List] Rope Question

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Oct 22 17:01:21 PDT 2010

Hi Guys -

Well one is that left hand laid cable was used for port side shrouds and
right hand lay for starboard....

Another is that left hand laid line was used in parts of rigs where the line
was more easily coiled left handed...

I have had both of these presented to me but I think the don't really
represent practical realities.

Anybody else have input?

Gord