[Public-List] Fwd: BoatU.S. Member Alert: Ethanol Decision Looms - Act Now

rmeyer007 at aol.com rmeyer007 at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 16:34:43 PDT 2010

just received from Boat/US.

Regards

Ray Meyer

September 27, 2010
Dear BoatU.S. Member,
We need your help. If you believe in "science first," now is the time to urge President Obama to require the federal EPA to understand the effects of higher blends of ethanol before allowing it into our country's gasoline supply.
Time is critical. Last year, a record number of boaters asked EPA to test marine engines before allowing up to 15% (E15) ethanol in gasoline. This testing has not been completed. Now, in late September or early October, EPA is getting ready to announce their decision. We expect they will allow E15 for some engines and not others. This will create different fuels with different availability, prices, and a lot of consumer confusion.
BoatU.S. appreciates and embraces the need to diversify our country's fuel and energy sources. However, we are concerned that EPA may put the "cart before the horse" by granting increased ethanol before we know what it will do in our marine engines. Many boaters, having suffered through the last ethanol transition, agree that we should learn from this recent history, and completely understand what the new fuel will do before approving its use in boats. It may turn out to be harmless, but what if it's not? Shouldn't we wait for the facts before making the decision?
Please help today. Click here http://www.followthescience.org/take-action/ and let President Obama know your concerns about ethanol and ask him to get the science first, before giving EPA the approval for more ethanol in your gasoline.
Many thanks,
Margaret Podlich
Vice President, BoatU.S. Government Affairs
GovtAffairs at BoatUS.com
703-461-2878 x8363
BoatUS.com/Gov
=