[Public-List] Fwd: BoatU.S. Member Alert: Ethanol Decision

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 12:38:24 PDT 2010

Note the actual petition to up the percentage from 10% to 15% comes from the producers of Ethanol.
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/additive.htm    and
http://www.growthenergy.org/

Personally I don't like the idea one bit, but experience has left me a bit biased.  Last fall I had to take my outboard to the shop four times in one month before it ran acceptably.  I crapped again this year on the Commute.  In July it went back six times before a new carburetor solved the problem.  At least trips two through six incurred no labor charges.  The manufacturers technical experts analyzed to old carburetor and confirmed Ethanol damage.  Of course it was out of warranty.  Next spring before we go back to Mane I will have a new spare carburetor in a zip lock as a spare.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

"The Nation today needs men who think in terms of service to their country and not in terms of their country's debt to them."
--GEN Omar Bradley