[Public-List] molds for Albergs.

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Sep 18 07:02:40 PDT 2010

On 9/17/10 12:27 AM, spiresac at yahoo.com wrote:
> I live in Columbia, SC and I could probaly find the molds if there is
> any interest in them.  They would be handy for repair parts.  I am
> looking at an Alberg 30 but as we have very light air here I don't
> know if it would perform very well here.  I can tell from reading the
> posts that you have a great class.

It would be interesting to know what happened with the molds.  I lost
contact with Bill Boyle years ago.

I don't know that they would be handy for repair parts, though.  Bill
told me that, when he received them, they needed some significant work
before being used.  Others have made molds for small parts:  Read Beigel
for spray hoods and J Bergquist for winch pads, for example.  It's not
that hard to do.

Bill Boyle decided that there wasn't sufficient market to produce new hulls.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org