[Public-List] Whale Gusher 10 pump

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Sep 19 14:13:21 PDT 2010

I think if you took the male threaded part that comes up the centre of the
plates to a machine shop they could certainly make you a new nut.   It is
not any standard pitch... I don't think you'll find anything off the shelf.

I think it would cost a machine shop more than $47 to make it - buying the
kit is a better deal.

With regard to the cast aluminium body losing its coating - I had the same
happen to one in a client's boat.  We 'painted' the surface with epoxy after
burnishing it - the cure was effective and isolated the alum from the SS
parts.

Cheer - Gord #426 SURPRISE