[Public-List] rails

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sat Apr 2 11:58:00 PDT 2011

Gordon

this answer may not be relevant, but on my liner boat, the bolts were thru bolted and secured with nuts. I think my teak battens were dying - so I removed the rails and replaced them with 1 1/4 x 3/16 t track, The result was first class. If the holes are evenly spaced all along the track (mine were), I think Garhauer would drill t-track to  your specifications.

David

>>> gordon white <gewhite at crosslink.net> 4/2/2011 2:20 PM >>>
     On my boat (#275, non-liner) there are curved stainless steel rails
about an inch wide that run along the top of the port and starboard toe
rails, in  way of the cabin, where blocks ride for the headsails.

     These are secured by stainless, flat-head screws/bolts. At each end
are round-head bolts that act as stoppers to prevent the car from going
off the ends.

     I cannot see the ends of these screws/bolts inside the cabin.

     Are these simply screws screwed into the top edge of each side? If
there are nuts, I cannot see them inside the boat.

     (Under each rail is a teak batten to raise them up a bit higher
than the rail, and one of those battens has weathered away over 40 plus
years and fallen out.)

  Gordon White, /Brigadoon II/