[Public-List] Reversing the A-30

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 5 11:04:55 PDT 2011

Thankyou George,
                         We have been anchoring almost exclusively by what I
believe is called "the running moor".( No jokes, please!). Under sail or
power works just fine. We let the anchor hang just into the water on the
approach and let het go on the spot. Just for precaution I always am in
neutral gear at this point, just let the boat carry us forward, letting the
boat control the feed rate of the rode. When enough rode is out, just tie
her off and she will round up sharpish with a good set. As a precaution, we
always are alert to the depth and distance to shore "just in case".