[Public-List] Diesel

Stephen Sousa alberg114 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:47:35 PDT 2011

Brennan,

I sold my Alberg last year and purchased an Allied that had been laid up for 3 years. I decided to have the fuel polished which was the best idea, they remove more crap from that tank which would have cost in fuel filters and down time. The other option if the tank can be removed in the Alberg, drain the tank and flush it out with cleaner and start with fresh fuel. Knowing diesels well they don't like water in the injection pump. Also with the 2GM20F, I would change the antifreeze there is a drain at the left of the valve cover facing the motor and as other have mentioned change the impeller which is easy when you remove the fresh water pump and lay it down to remove the screws.

Good Luck,

Stephen