[Public-List] anchor and rode

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 11:11:32 PDT 2011

Dave,

I use 150' to 200' of 3/8 chain for good holding in strong winds. Dont have any experience with a Bruce anchor, although they seem very popular. It seems each anchor type works best for a certain type of bottom, for example, fisherman style anchors are great for cutting through weed and holding to rocky bottoms, and Danforths and fluked clones work well in sand and mud..but are horrible in weed. etc. A lot of people swear buy the various types of plough style anchors as a good all around primary anchor.

glenn b
Dolce 319

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Terrell" <dterrell at message.nmc.edu>