[Public-List] anchor and rode

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sat Apr 16 19:02:28 PDT 2011

Hello folks.

We have a 5/16"  BBB all chain anchor  cable 200' long with a 25lb CQR as our main tackle.   There's also 200' of 5/8" three strand nylon up forward to which we can shackle 5' of 3/8" chain and a 13lb Danforth as a second.

Because I like anchors, I have accumulated two nifty folding fisherman anchors of 15 & 20lbs, a small Bruce, a little 12lb  folding grapnel and a honkin' big fisherman we take as insurance when cruising.

At the stern we have a 100' rope anchor cable and several lengths of more rope I've accumulated over the years.

Ya, I like anchors.   Once I was coming home from the States and was going through Canada Customs at the airport. I had the big fisherman on my shoulder ( got it for a great price in Maine).  The agent stared at me a moment then said " is that an anchor?".  I stared back then answered "I'm in the Navy".  I could see him trying not to laugh as he waved me through...

Gord 426 Surprise

Sent from my iPhone