[Public-List] Axillary power

Stephen Gwyn gwyn at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Apr 22 21:41:56 PDT 2011

I've been thinking about this for a while now: I have an A4 which
is aging, but still good for another few years. When it dies, at
the age of at least 40, what I would really like to replace is
another gas inboard. What I want is the equivalent of a 18hp
Honda outboard, but with the engine attached to the prop shaft.
It would be light enough to pick up with one arm and much smaller
than the A4 (or a diesel). It would be quieter than an A4 and
much quieter than a diesel. New gas engines are also pretty
fuel-efficient. You can pull start it if necessary.

Has anybody heard of an outboard to inboard conversion?

Stephen Gwyn
#495 Quasar

  Stephen Gwyn                 |  Tel: 1-250-363-3136
  Dept. of Physics & Astronomy |  Fax: 1-250-363-0045
  Univ. of Victoria            |  Cell: 1-250-885-6969
  PO Box 3055                  |  E-mail: gwyn at uvastro.phys.uvic.ca
  Victoria, BC  V8W 3P6        |  http://orca.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn