[Public-List] oil change

vmarmei vmarmei at axis-design.org
Sun Aug 14 08:00:38 PDT 2011

Just to add another good A-30 idea for "Oil Change" ....

Do not use a Plastic or Rubber hose....Get a metal tube (Steel,
Aluminum or SS} 3/8 diameter (or what fits your oil Dip Stick
hole)...from an auto supply dealer. Brake straight hydraulic tubes
come in several lengths....Cut yours to the required length for
handling and cut the bottom end to a 30 degree angle.... to have some
clearance for the oil to flow. Attach a vinyl tube to the tube and to
the pump. You insert this tube through the Dip Stick port right to
the bottom of the oil pan.and pump the oils out without any trouble.
Just a piece of cake.
William @ A-30

PS : Brass and Aluminium tube is also available from Hobby
Stores.....at a fraction of cost from marine stores.  Best
deal...still is Automobile Hydraulic tubes....they come from 12
inches to 2-3 feet.
The 30 degree angle is to avoid a perpendicular situation of the
inserted tube to be 90 degrees to the bottom of the oil pan and
prevent restricted oil flow. (Vacuum Lock)