[Public-List] Spinnaker Pole

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:27:46 PDT 2011

I'm finally getting around to fixing up my spinnaker pole, which I think is
original to the boat. Thick aluminum tube, teak ends with bronze hardware.
I'm in the middle of painting the pole now.

This came to me with swaged wire that was very worn. I've cut it off, and
would like to replace it with some sort of hi-tech fiber cord.  The original
wire was passed through holes near the ends but it would seem that passing
some cord through these holes would wear through in short order. The only
solution I'm coming up with is to tie the cord to the ends using a loop that
fits over the bronze fitting, but not large enough to fit over the tube. It
would stop at the taper before the aluminum starts.

Anyone go thorough this already, and have a better solution?

-jeff

--
Jeffrey Fongemie