[Public-List] Spinnaker Pole

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Aug 15 06:33:35 PDT 2011

Hello Jeff -

A modern cord like dyneema would take quite a lot more abuse from coming up
through the holes that the old wire did - I'd just reeve it through the
holes.  Common industry practice is the tie a bowline in the cord then slide
a tube of heat shrink tape over the knot to hold it firmly in place.

The loop method you describe would work too - you'd just have to put an eye
strap into the wood to hold the loops from coming off the ends.  If you're
more comfortable with that there's nothing wrong with doing it.

Gord #426 Surprise