[Public-List] Happy Holidays!! And an A4 Carb question

Matthew Hay mattrhay at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 07:34:50 PST 2011

Hello Everyone,
My batteries died during our last run of the season about 6 weeks ago.  So
I was not able to run the gas out of the fuel system prior to winter
layup.  I have a beautiful brand new Carb from MM that I installed last
spring.  Should I remove the carb and take it apart and clean it assuming
that the gas has already fouled it?  Or is there a way to remove it, drain
it, and clean it without taking it apart and just hope that it has not been
too fouled yet from sitting?  I would rather deal with this now obviously
rather then neglecting it and having a bigger problem in the spring.
Thank you so much,
Happy Holidays
Matthew Hay
former owner 1968 A-30 #314