[Public-List] batteries died

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Dec 10 13:46:27 PST 2011

I ALWAYS carry a jump-start unit with me on the boat. It's a sealed
wet-cell in a container with a couple of medium-length jumper cords
attached, and a built-in charger - you plug it into the 110 v outlet to
re-charge. I can't recall how many times it has gotten me home when I
let the lights or other things run the starting battery down. Cost me
$50, I think, at Wal-Mart,   Use one to start your engine, suck
anti-freeze into the heat exchanger, if you have one, run the carb
dry.   and - drain the carb too, as even run dry, some fuel is left in
the carb after the engine quits

  - Gordon White, Brigadoon II