[Public-List] Custom Gaskets

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Thu Dec 1 13:41:52 PST 2011

All the black ones are marked butyl now too; I'd guess that in the
intervening years, non-butyl tubes got abandoned in favour of butyl, and
they started adding carbon to the butyl. (I was working in a bike shop
when I noticed that none of the tubes were terribly distiguishable from
the ones that were explicitly marked as butyl).

-Kris