[Public-List] hole free deck cleats

David Tessier dfjtessier at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 4 20:17:54 PST 2011

I welcome your interest.I want to drill and tap dead end holes into the underside of the cleat base and screw in suitably long studs with "permanent" thread lock compound.The resulting cleat with its protruding studs would be installed on our A30 deck with a suitable (w.r.t thickness and properties)  flat gasket making the seal, excluding the threads as a leak pathway and obviating the need for a sealant..  This will make a seal analogous to ones used in the industrial water equipmment field, whence I come.  As usual, a backing pllate under the deck (and possibly one on the deck too) would complete the installation. Cheers,David #319  > Message: 2