[Public-List] Show me inside!

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Thu Dec 22 13:24:36 PST 2011

Hi Len,

Psychoactive drugs? When did I mention anything about psychoactive
drugs? ;)

Actually, the enclosure frame was made photoreactive by wrapping in in
fluorescent tape, partly to conceal the fact that it's made out of
copper (I made it back in '04, before copper got expensive), and largely
to make the pieces that are too long to fit in my locker, easy to find
should they grow legs and start wandering around the yard to prop things
up, hang things from, etc. over the summer.

The black light is there because I could only ever remember to wrap the
frame when the shrinkwrap was already on (and therefore couldn't just
spiral the tape around the pipes because the wrap wouldn't stretch that
much). With the process having gotten all labour-intensive like that,
the black light (and some beer, moose stew, rich chocolatey desserts,
etc.) made it a lot easier to round up additional labour.

Ok, so there, _now_ I've mentioned psychoactive drugs; I said "beer" ;)

As for where I've been wintering; I'm at Marina Four in Toronto; the
spandex is actually there because there's a bridge almost right
overhead, and the floodlight in the middle of the bridge messes with my
sleep-wake cycle if I don't put something on the port side of the
enclosure to block all that extra light. I run a pair of 3/4hp
ice-eaters, so the water stays plenty open around the boat. (Though with
the way the weather's been so far this winter, I have a feeling that the
bubblers won't be seeing much use)

Cheers,
Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/