[Public-List] Alberg 30 for sale

SANDRA BISSET sandimark at rogers.com
Sat Jan 1 15:56:54 PST 2011

Hi all,
After much soul-searching, we have decided to put wanderlove up for sale. We’ve
been gradually re-coring the decks and are about two-thirds of the way through
the project. The stern deck, cockpit sole (Corex) and a small section of the
coach roof have all been re-cored using West System epoxy, then painted with
Britesides polyurethane non-skid. The side decks remain to be re-cored and the
foredeck needs some cosmetic work. The work done to date was done with the
intention of lkeeping her, so it is done right. The transmission in her Atomic 4
went on the fritz last summer, and while the engine itself runs fine (new carb
2008), it’s due for a rebuild.
She has a new stainless prop shaft and a newer custom-made blackwater tank. Her
hull is in great shape, well-maintained with VC 17 systems. She has a good sail
inventory, including spinnaker, drifter, and a good mainsail. Her Genoa is
well-used but still okay for cruising. She has autohelm, depth sounder, dodger,
Queen Ann boom tent and some new running rigging. Her standing rigging is in
good shape with one shroud replaced in 2010. A survey done in 2009 is available.
I flirted with selling her last fall, asking $10,000 Cdn on Kijiji. I think
that’s a fair price, taking into account the work remaining, but I’m open to
offers. I’d consider a trade for a smaller boat with an outboard in the 22-26
foot range.

Please contact me by phone or email if you would like more information about the
boat. She’s lying at Dutchman’s Cove in Penetanguishene, Ont. on Georgian Bay.
Mark Bisset
705-327-0724
sandimark at rogers.com