[Public-List] foredeck compression, (and bedding deck hardware)

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Wed Jan 19 13:44:21 PST 2011

Bent nails, grossly over drilling the holes and fill do work but are
labour intensive and could be seen when done. Here is a method I used that
is easy and invisable when done.  Take a 3/8" drill (for a 1/4in bolt)and
drill through to lower glass only, seal lower opening with tape, then,
using a dremmel with their 3/8" saw blade router out the core.  This gives
you a 3/4" dia hollow, Clean out, fill with epoxy through a syringe to
eliminate voids.  When hardened drill 1/4" hole and you are done.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380