[Public-List] (no subject )Hogging Causes

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Mon Jan 24 07:35:40 PST 2011

John or perhaps Gord can respond,

Wouldn't the rig tension and the downward force of the masts against the keel counteract the tendency to hog due to buoyancy differences? I suppose a boat with fine ends might have less strength and tend to droop over time? Seems to me that there must be more to it than buoyancy issues.........which could be designed differently to prevent hogging? Interesting. Instead of rebuilding the hull could they not jack up and refasten the planking differently or add some internal structure?

Michael #133