[Public-List] cockpit floor job

Mel Martin mel.martin at utoronto.ca
Sun Jan 23 12:23:51 PST 2011

Gord,
Thanks for your description of recoring the cockpit floor. I have the
same job to do on mine (as soon as the weather gets a good deal
warmer) and your description pretty much matches what I plan to do
(and reassures me that I am not completely insane for attempting it!)

One question though: Did you brace the underside of the cockpit before
making the repair? The reason I ask is that the underside of my
cockpit has a noticeable sag to it. The cockpit itself has a
depression where water pools rather than running down the drains.

I also plan to get rid of the inspection port at the forward end of
the cockpit (the ultimate source of the damage to the floor) and
replace it with a watertight hatch which will allow access to the
stuffing box.

Any suggestions or things to look out for?

thanks
mel
hull # 452