[Public-List] A4 overheating

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Jul 12 06:12:31 PDT 2011

Hi gang

Surprise is on day four of a very nice cruise in company with friends who sail a Columbia 29.   Their A4 is overheating and we are towing them a lot.   It has a new water pump that throws lots of water, and the thermostat was already removed... Not much water is coming out their exhaust compared to ours

I noticed in the thermostat housing there's lots of rust flakes.  We removed them but guess lots more is blocking the cooling jackets.

Is there a way to reverse the water flow in hopes of moving the rust flakes?

Gord Surprise 426 (at Franklin Island)

Sent from my iPhone