[Public-List] Still leaks

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Sun Jul 17 11:30:17 PDT 2011

Sounds like your main seal is leaking. These can go, the oil comes from
just forward of the connection to the PropShaft. Makes a big mess and is
unfortunately a headache to deal with.
Easiest remedy - order a new seal from Moyer. Get a wheel puller and pop
the engine am put it in the main cabin. Pull the rear shaft coupling and
the various and sundry parts to access the main seal, replace and put
all back together. Replace engine on mounts.
I think it might take up to a week of regular effort to pull fix and put
back.
Sorry to say this - it is a headache but the seal does go and that is
where the oil comes from - nowhere else can the oil seep / slow leak
like that.

IMHO- it is time to move from gas to Diesel - due to the damage of
ethanol and the headaches of maintaining these old motors. I have
eliminated all but one (the one in Infinity).

C.B. Currier
Infinity #57