[Public-List] Still leaks

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 06:20:18 PDT 2011

Gord,

I am not that familiar with the A bomb, but as with most internal combustion engines I can't concieve that the bolts holding the water pump in place would enter into an area of pressurized oil, i.e., an oil gallery.  Even if too long a bolt was installed these bolts might only enter into a water jacket area.

I do know that on the Grey Marine and I believe also on the A bomb that the engine oil also lubricates the transmission.  Co uld there be a leak between the t ransmission and engine or aft of the transmission?  CB has suggested this and that would be my guess as well.

Michael