[Public-List] Batteries

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Mon Jul 25 05:39:16 PDT 2011

    I am aware of the issue of a battery (or any shore power hookup)
causing electrolysis of underwater fittings. There is a device that
determines if your hookup is safe or not, and I tested with that years
ago. I have been using a trickle charger of the automatic kind for 15+
years with no electrolysis of the underwater metal, and, my cheap
charger is isolated. Some years ago the automotive chargers used an
autotransformer to drop 110 volts AC to 12 volts, but what I now use
does not. Obviously there is a question that you need to check out on
any installation, but this works for me.
  Gordon White
/Brigadoon II/