[Public-List] Anyone got any good suggestions for holding tank vent fittings

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Wed Jun 8 06:22:26 PDT 2011

Jonathan Adams wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I have a 3/4 inch vent hose coming from the holding tank, and need to buy the
> through hull vent fitting. The one I have found is the Perko fuel tank vent -
> http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=11195&familyName=Perko+Gas+Tank+Vents
>

> These are $50 per for the bronze ones, and I have two vent hoses - much cheaper
> for the zinc ones.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions for a different way of doing this? Suggestions for
> fittings?
>
> Looking forward to your suggestions.
>
> Jonathan
> Laughing Gull 197

Well, per Peggy Hall, you want good air flow to prevent anaerobic decay
and thus odors.  The mission of a fuel tank vent is different.  Those
vents will limit airflow at least a little bit.

I used straight delrin through-hulls, mounted high on the hull up near
the bow; I got the idea from the A-30 site and one of the regular
posters here in this list.

It's worked great so far.

--
John S. Riley