[Public-List] Anyone got any good suggestions for holding tank vent fittings

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Jun 13 06:10:08 PDT 2011

On 6/8/11 9:22 AM, John Riley wrote:
> Well, per Peggy Hall, you want good air flow to prevent anaerobic decay
> and thus odors.  The mission of a fuel tank vent is different.  Those
> vents will limit airflow at least a little bit.

Is Peggy still in the business as the Princess of Poop?  I haven't seen
her in a coon's age.  I think Calypso may have been the first sailboat
she ever sailed on.

I used the fuel vents (one of which was original on the boat).  I added
a matching one on the other side of the bow.  The right angle and screen
undoubtedly restrict the airflow a little, but the important thing is to
have two vents, one on each side of the bow.  Since the wind will always
be on one side or the other, there's a difference in air pressure (just
like what makes the sails work) and that will cause a flow of air.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org