[Public-List] hauling an Alberg 30 (Permit or no permit?)

Tom S. tom.s at insightbb.com
Wed Jun 22 10:18:06 PDT 2011

Michael,

Thanks much for your contribution. I did hear from Don C. off list. He
too was helpful.

Even though I too have hauled quite a few boats I have never permitted
my A30. I have not been challenged and wondered if anyone else had been.
I have always carried the mast on top of the boat. We have to bring in a
crane to drop the mast and that just always seemed easier to tie it on
top. Also the Alberg overhangs the trailer by several feet. (not the
keel but the tip of the stern) It is a very substantial trailer but only
about 27 feet long.

-tom s