[Public-List] hauling an Alberg 30 (Permit or no permit?)

Mike Lehman Sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:07:54 PDT 2011

Michael,

I am appreciative of your cautions. When I posted earlier today I did not
mention that I was carrying a canoe in the back of the truck that was
sticking out 5'6". It was really well tied in and I carried a red flag on
the end of the canoe. It was safe, but I got caught it bumper-to-bumper
traffic on the Baltimore beltway, I was watching the woman behind me, who
was texting for the first 20 minutes, then fussing with something in the
front and back seat for the next 20 minutes, then, just when I thought she
would pay attention to her driving, she was under the dash most of the time.
I was sure she was going to run into the canoe/truck...I was a nervous wreck
with her behind me.