[Public-List] Baby Stay Mast Connection ?

C Spalding cspalding at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 3 11:42:46 PST 2011

Spring is almost here and time to look at mast projects
Installing a baby stay and inquiring as to the distance above the spreaders to install the connection
Will use a 3/8 inch through bolted tang
Deck connection will be at the anchor locker bulkhead which has been bulked up with 2 layers of 1/4 inch ply each glassed to the underside crown of the deck with 2 knees glassed to the anchor bulkhead and installed ply
will use a pelican hook and turnbuckle

-- don't want to install too far above the spreaders as I do not want to add backstay shrouds

If anyone has acomplished this before their experience would be appreciated

Thanks
C Spalding
Blue Horizon
Toronto, Canada
PS In the future I will be selling off the Atomic 4 for parts or transmission rebuild (motor does work last time I started it which was 3 years ago)
the muffler made from copper (i'll give a spot a shine to make sure)
the boom, don't know if it is orginal or not it's 14Ft 9In roller with handle
so if anyone is interested send me an email