[Public-List] Alberg 30 FOR SALE ..............Osprey on mast head

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 2 14:34:10 PST 2011

George,
        I confess that I had absolutely no idea what an Osprey was when I
suggested a Sparrowhawk. For those who don't know the origin of the
Sparrowhawk line: When they built the Crystal Palace in the 1800's for the
World Exhibition, it being totally built with glass facade, filled up with
sparrows before the opening day. The mess was considerable and simply "would
not do!" Finally after many futile attempts, The Duke of Wellington was
summoned by Queen Victoria to ponder and perhaps resolve the problem. SHORT
PAUSE for effect.  "Sparrowhawks, Ma'am" he said. It worked and he probably
got a second Dukedom or something.Jonathan