[Public-List] removing bottom paint

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Mar 14 13:29:56 PDT 2011

George,
Are you near a marina with a high pressure wash down system? Usually you can get rid of a lot of bottom paint by high pressure wash down. Scraping the flaky stuff works, then afterwards I use an orbital sander with 80 grit paper - connected to a 12 - 15 gal shop vac to grind down to near the gell coat. A shop vac hose is made to fit over the exhaust port of most orbital sanders and does a very good job of collecting the sanding residue.

good luck!

Glenn B
S/V Dolce
# 319