[Public-List] removing bottom paint

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Tue Mar 15 08:32:40 PDT 2011

Albergers,

Thanks everyone for the paint removal advice.  I am working on getting
prices from soda blasters and, if they are too dear, I'll try the soy stuff,
although the material is pretty expensive.

I have some friends traveling to Pittsburgh to help with launch preparations
(IE, the "necessary list") in early April (yes, after 8 years on the
trailer, 2 hip replacements, and my son growing about 2 feet, good old 148
is getting wet this year [sink or swim]) and would like to have her ready
for new bottom paint.

I think she may have settled down on the trailer a bit (evidenced by
noticing the engine cover I made a few years ago fitting more loosely at the
sides) so I think I should hang her from the keel in the water for about a
month before aligning the motor and connecting the propeller shaft.  Any
thoughts on long I should wait?

Best,

Roger 148