[Public-List] Paint hull liner & deck #560

Mike Lehman Sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 11:06:48 PDT 2011

John,

I agree completely with using silicon and would not use it anywhere except
for the windows. I used GE Clear 35 year silicon...the secret is to tighten
the screws 'almost tight'; let the silicon set for 24 hours and then
complete the tightening of the screws thereby forming a gasket for the
frames. I did this 30 years ago and never had a leak. I re-did the windows a
few years ago, not because they were leaking, but because the glass became
crazed and I switched out to 1/4" instead of 3/16", lightly-tinted,
Plexiglas.