[Public-List] Pre-liner water tank cover leaking

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Tue May 3 12:36:04 PDT 2011

John,

My pre liner water tank is in the same place as yours with the round filler
and drainer top similar to the one Jeff describes at the fore/aft middle of
the tank near the port side.  I cut a trap door in the seat between the V
berths and installed a round, clear plastic access port in the tank top a
few inches under the seat.  It could be used to fill the tank (more trouble
but one less hole in the deck) but you would still need a separate fitting
for outgoing water. Question, do water tanks need to be vented, suppose so.

Roger 148