[Public-List] window replacement

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Tue May 3 12:59:01 PDT 2011

Sorry, I didn't finish the PS in my last missive.

It should read "PS - I just bought an infra red moisture meter (no holes
necessary) that would be a great way to measure moisture levels near window
frames compared to other areas of the cabin sides.  Any appreciable delta
would indicate increased moisture from leaks around the window frames, chain
plates, cleats, whatever.  I would be happy to loan it to anyone interested.
I measured hull and deck of good old 148 got pretty consistent nunbers
ranging from 9% to 16% with some higher numbers near the bottom of the keel
(new FG power boats in my marina gave similar readings).  The FG
encapsulated wood rudder, however, measured from a low in the mid 20s to
over 45%.  Wonder if that's a problem?"

Best, Roger