[Public-List] Main Sheet Setup

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Sun May 8 05:12:50 PDT 2011

Chuck

Garhauer makes a very sturdy traveller for an excellent price. I gave them the measurements for the holes and they drilled them as I requested; the fit was perfect. My experience is that they will customize for no extra cost - assuming reasonable requests.

david, 432

>>> Gordon Laco 05/07/11 5:53 PM >>>
Hi Chuck -

The traveler runs between the coamings, at the extreme forward end of the
afterdeck.

Ronstan makes a good one appropriate for our boats, as does Harken and some
others. Just tell your chandlery the size of your mainsail and they'll be
able to give you a list of choices.

With regard to length of travel... Yes longer would be better; but longer is
also uglier....

Gord #426 Surprise