[Public-List] Need a new diesel

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Sun May 8 17:50:36 PDT 2011

I am not sure if Chris and Cate still have theirs for sale - see below.

JA
197

Chris and Cate [chrisncate at comcast.net]

Hi Jonathan,

The entire motor and it's related systems are out of the boat and ready to go. I
have a you tube video of the motor running us up from the Magothy river to
Tidewater in Baltimore (where Heron, our A 30 - hull #35, is currently on the
hard). I took a good video of her running, and of her leaky stuffing box. Please
check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcy2F_Y9IzY

Regarding the price, I am lowering the price as I need to sell the motor to put
that money towards the refit we are doing. I'd like to get $1800 for the entire
system, fuel tank (cockpit locker saddle tank type), Raycor, Yanmar gauges,
muffler, throttle assembly and cables, prop shaft and both props (a bronze three
blade and a spare bronze two blade) everything.

I don't know the year or hours of the motor, but the previous owner (TIm
Stapleton, also a member of the Alberg 30 association) told me when we bought
Heron from him that the motor was installed in the late 90's, so I assume it's
of that vintage. The yard we are in (Tidewater in Baltimore) is a Yanmar dealer,
and they will (or could) install and align the motor for you.

Thanks!
Chris and Cate
http://alberg30.weebly.com/blog.html