[Public-List] questions about bronze fasteners

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon May 9 14:14:05 PDT 2011

Hi there.

I can't guess at the number and size of all the fastenings... But can tell you silicon bronze is an alloy of bronze.

Basically there is mo such thing as ordinary bronze.   All bronze is made of ingredients that will bring out the qualities one may need for a particular application.  Putting silicone in the mix makes the alloy harder.   This is good for fastenings, turnbuckles etc where one might not want a softer more malleable metal.

Hope that helps.

Gord

Sent from my iPhone